CITY ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES OFFICE
The Office of the City Environment and Natural Resources was originally created as an Ad Hoc City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) in the City of Davao by virtue of Executive Order No. 6 signed by His Honor, Rodrigo R. Duterte, City Mayor, on February 12, 1993.
The creation was in compliance with Sections 16 and 17 of Republic Act No. 7160 otherwise known as the “Local Government Code of 1991” which provides that within their respective territorial jurisdiction, local government units shall enhance the right of the people to a balance hemp oil health benefits ecology while Section 17 of the code provides for the devolution of certain functions of national government agencies provides for the devolution of certain functions of national government agencies to the Local Government Unit, including that of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
The City Environment and Natural Resources Office shall provide efficient and cost-effective environmental programs and enforce policies towards the protection and conservation of natural resources in partnership with all sectors of society.
The City Environment and Natural Resources Office envision a clean and green city and the sustainable utilization of its natural resources within the context of a balanced ecology and intergenerational equity.
- To ensure that Davao City has a clean, green and healthy environment;
- To promote proper management and utilization of its natural resources;
- To implement mitigating measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution coordination with government agencies and non-government organizations;
- To establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, Greenbelts and similar forest projects and commercial forest like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects.
Who we are:
What we do:
CITY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT HEAD II
Supervision & control over the operation and administration of CENRO.
CITY GOVERNMENT ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT HEAD II
Assist in the Department Head in the operation control and administration of CENRO.
Plans, directs and coordinates Personnel Administration Function and Record Mgt Function, Budgeting and other related administrative function.
1. administrative DIVISION
A. ACCOUNTING SECTION
- Keeps control of the fund of the department; and
- Prepares and control Budget / Fund of the department and other accounting related works.
B. RECORD AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Plans, directs & coordinates personnel of the records, assumes full responsibilities, custody and safekeeping of records, participate in the work connected with the Personnel Management.
C. SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Supervises procurement of supplies and materials, prepares inventory report of all government properties.
2. PARKS AND PLAYGROUND DIVISION
- Maintains Parks & Playgrounds in the city and its outlaying districts;
- Improves and maintains islands along the city’s streets and national highways;
- Identify sites suitable for the establishment of recreational facilities & other related purposes; and
- Maintains Urban Forestry & Ecological Projects including the establishment of nursery of forest tree.
A. PARKS & PLAYGROUNDS SECTION
- Undertakes the immediate supervision in the establishment / development maintenance of Parks & Playgrounds including maintenance thereof;
- Supervises & sees to it that the structures on the Parks & Playgrounds conforms to the specification/standards set by proper authorities; and
- Conducts meetings/conferences to tackle bottlenecks, problem areas & strategies to improve over all situation.
B. ECOLOGY SECTION
- Supervises the implementation of Urban Forestry Project;
- Supervises the roadsides, subdivision, & schools tree planting activities; and
- Undertake the information drive activities for the section.
3. NATURAL RESOURCES OPERATIONS DIVISION
- Implement plans, programs & ordinances pertaining to natural resources management of the City;
- Coordinate with the concerned Government Agencies in the implementation of Natural Resources Management Policies; and
- Monitor regularly the implementation of Natural Resources Management activities and other related works.
A. UPLAND COMM. PROJECT AND FOREST MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement plans, programs related to management of Upland Community-Based Projects and effective Forest management System;
- Provide technical assistance for implementation of the Upland Community-Based Projects & other related income generating projects;
- Assist the Division Head & the formulation of Natural Resources Plans, Programs and Projects;
- Supervise & manage established / development Upland Community-Based Forest Management Projects;
- Conduct regular monitoring of all activities involve in Upland Community; and
- Implement effective participatory approaches for Upland Community Development.
B. INTEGRATED PROTECTED AREAS SECTION
- Coordinated with the National government Agencies regarding the effective Management, Protection, Conservation, Rehabilitation of meeting APO National Park;
- Implement Plans & Programs related to Watershed, Coastal, Freshwater & Marine Resources Management;
- Assist the Div. Head in identifying, conceptualizing & in the preparation of project proposal for the implementation, supervision & management of protected areas;
- Prepare an update eco-profile of the City;
- Implement rules & regulations pertaining to the prevention of endangered flora & fauna; and
- Implement & regulations for the establishment & maintenance of wild life sanctuaries.
C. RESEARCH INFORMATION EDUCATION AND EXTENSION SECTION
- Conduct various researches related to effective Environmental & Natural Resources Management;
- Maintain Data Bank & Management Information System about Environment and Natural Resources;
- Coordinate with other National Office in the delivery of the information & education services on Environment and Natural Resources; and
- Implement Community Organized Plans & Programs strategies for people empowerment in the Upland Community and other related works.
D. MINES AND GEO-SCIENCES OPERATIONS SECTION
- Implement approved standard operating procedures on mineral resources, extraction, utilization, conservation including area management;
- Provide technical assistance in the conduct of geological survey & mineral resources assessment of the City;
- Issues permits to mineral resources applicants;
- Monitor & check regularly the different action of mineral resources permittee.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL & WASTE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
- Design & implementation on Effective Environmental Waste and Management System including Solid Waste Collection and Disposal;
- Conduct regular monitoring and inspection of different industrial and business establishment;
- Design Pollution and waste management awareness program; and
- Design, improve and develop existing land fill area of the City Government
A. POLLUTION MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement in coordination with the other concerned agencies in executing plans & programs on pollution control & management;
- Implement policies & guidelines in the intensification of anti-smoke belching campaign for the public;
- Conduct regular monitoring & evaluation of the levels of air, land & water pollution within the city & if possible, design different pollution control measures and; and
- Conduct Public awareness & programs on pollution & management in coordination with the HRMO & RIEE.
B. INDUSTRIAL & WASTE MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement in coordination with other concerned agencies plans and programs relative to industrial Waste Management;
- Conduct monitoring & supervision of industrial and business establishments in relation to effective waste dispersal & management System;
- Conduct regular monitoring, assessment, evaluation & inspection of different establishments in relation to their industrial waste management devices; and
- Implement policies, guidelines, rules & regulations pertaining to effective Waste Management.
C. SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SECTION
- Implement a framework plan for effective solid waste management for the City;
- Implement plans & programs for the benefit of solid waste collectors;
- Implement plans & programs for Sewerage Management System;
- Conduct public education programs in coordination with the HRMO & RIEE section on solid waste management including waste recycling /re-use; and
- Coordination with other concern agencies in the proper implementation of Solid Waste Management Section.